Re: [Chrysler300] Gary Goers replied fast & casting number decode help n

Re: [Chrysler300] Gary Goers replied fast & casting number decode help needed

Hi Christopher,

Hope you are enjoying your summer and building the 300-C. When I was
building my 300-C engine in 1974-75, I discovered I could no longer buy the
tri-metal rod bearings. The only ones available were Clevite 77s for a 440  wedge,
Imperial clearances, but I found they were too wide. Someone in the  Eastern 300
Club suggested a fellow in Wisconsin that was set up to do the  proper
machining. Seems I remember he was named 'Jim'. Could this be the same  man? This
fellow could be a valuable source for the rest of the club if we had  his web
site. By the way, those bearings are still carrying oil pressure  of 50 lb.@ hot
idle, 33 years later.

I wish you the same experience.

Gary Hagy, Hamburg, PA USA (Wintering in Albuquerque, NM)

In a message dated 1/9/2009 4:34:22 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,