[Chrysler300] Thank you re G Goers & a Q re Chrysler Factory 1957 era

[Chrysler300] Thank you re G Goers & a Q re Chrysler Factory 1957 era

1) Thank you to those who suggested faxing Gary Goers is a best first way to try and get some 300 parts more quickly from him - hurriedly I got a friend to fax him, and he (what the ??!) spelt Gary with two 'r's, so either it might mean a reply, or straight into the trash bin?

2) involves my supercharged 300C so those totally sick of this, delete now - and I raise this here in the hope my future inquires may be elsewhere, giving this site some peace on the matter. And it/this all came about by being too busy to do things by fastest, usual easiest means.

Today I also went to 300C panel shop - to take out there the old looking sort of primitive, way too strong, overkill battery box, that was bolted to trunk floor - this so could mark exactly where it was, so it in same place when it goes back.
In the panic to get the main body and frame sandblasted, I had removed it in near darkness, left it sit where it was since then, only yesterday deciding I clean it up with a plastic clean and strip wheel on an electric drill, to save a trip to the blasters.  And then I notice amongst old paint and rust, on the lower edges, fading away to just old black coming up away from the floor, the exact same I think grey primer with the same royalish blue paint that my panel guy noticed was on the trunk latch bracket on Christmas Eve shutdown - the blue Wayne G's 300C resto guide mentions. And on showing it too professional panel/resto guys, they say both are exact same, odds that they different, not on.

If this grey and blue was applied in usual early stages of all 300C production, what this seems to mean is that the weird custom made trunk battery box was likely done at the Chrysler Factory when the car was being made? And looking inside the battery box, it still uses the two 300C battery hold down rods so the top bracket fits them, plus it is made out of steel with multiple same idea, but smaller size, 'push out stamped round pieces' one finds on 300C front guard splash aprons, one that I think usually allows for easier installion of power aerial on 300Cs?
The battery box is a way too amazing combination of too much special work, that I won't bore any with now, for some Minnesota new Chrysler Dealer operation where the car was supposedly finished hurriedly for Daytona, and then add in the 'I've never seen' before 'not backyard' 'two in one' twin core steel strip and outer strand cable main power/earth lead that runs from it, that plus the earth portion affixes direct to the motor via a bolted on bracket that shows it never painted underneath, just as factory seemingly did with all 300C motor earth lead fixings, and I suddenly am thinking this whole way too complicated 'battery in the trunk' on this 300C was seemingly done at the factory!!?

Prior to this thought/question, all I had was the original owner's writing saying the supercharger installation was started by Chrysler, rest finshed as Dealers, twin fuel pumps fitted, and so I assumed the battery moved to trunk then by Dealer - until today !?, however to stop boring you all more now - Is there anyone, or any written history, anything, of how or where and 'non production line' 300 work/mods was done 1957 era at Chrysler Factory?!  For example would any other Chrysler/Mopar website/Club/whatever, have someone who knows anything - say 'Fowardlook' site? Any suggestions welcome.

This car by original owner's handwritten blurb was to be a non factory entry at Daytona 1957 - same category as Wally Parkes (later NHRA Drag Assoc fame, died just last year sadly) ran and won with his hemi engined '57 Plymouth Special on his 2nd better organised attempts, Class sponsored by PURE OIL, with fairly worthwhile prizemoney it seems.  So the odds of Chrysler keeping easy to find any formal records of how they helped build a special Dealer involved supercharged car to be entered as 'non factory', I would guess are about zero, that before they still exist today.

I love the car for what it is whatever, but if stuff about it can be found out, what is fact/true, what is bunk, then it puts that matter aside. If I had not been so rushed, I would have given the sandblaster the battery box, and never seen the special paint that is still on it - life maybe simpler, but maybe something never realised, lost forever.

Wayne Graefen has a 300C modified by Chrysler, beyond standard 300C specs - his 'Road America 300C - somewhere at Chrysler's 1957 facility, they had somewhere they did 'non stock stuff', mods, to new cars before they left.  And we/most all, have read of how ('somewhere' obviously?) they earlier (early 50s onwards) built special cars for special races, etc - the often one off cars that were before the first actual C-300s came into being - was this in 1957 still the same place they continued using from the early 50s, and what stories do we have from then?  Does anyone who worked that 'somewhere' still live? (And it seems, come the '60 300F, and Daytona, Chrysler were still playing 'special non standard production line tricks' on supposed 'wholly private' 300Fs heading for Daytona Beach? - as per the one mentioned in our latest Newsletter)

Any one who has any suggestions where to start, that will quickly take this fairly narrow interest 300 topic off the list, please contact me.

Christopher Australia - ps as a main story on aussie TV News tonight - GM America has just killed planned late 2009 US release of aussie V8 Commodore Ute (Pontiac G8 equivalent ) - they said reason was GM America is going to drop commercials as priority and concentrate on cars.  And early tonight, -  a Low Black SRT 300C with big exhaust note, large mags, in getting to about 70mph/gone, left my 57 TBird like it was stopped once it got to about 30mph - way fastest one I've ever seen away from any lights. I think no matter what anyone thinks of the new 300Cs, it would be good if Chrysler can survive/prosper anew in America.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)