From: Hemi Andersen [mailto:hemland@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 7:30 PM
To: NOWOSACKI,JOHN (A-USA,ex1)
Subject: I just looked at Bob Haag's 300L

Hi John, I just looked at Bob Haag's   300L which is so nice and reminds me of the time 10 years ago when I was getting ready to race my 300L.

I do hope you explain that I have been a Chrysler guy since 1951 and have had many many Chrysler built cars beginning with my 1948 Dodge 4 door, a '51 Imperial 4 door,  then a 1958 Plymouth Fury followed by a 1964 Dodge Dart GT with one of the first 273 CI engines and a 4 speed. There have been plenty more and now I have those 2 TCs as well as a couple of other regular drivers.

I bought the 300L as I saw it sit there in a scrap yard knowing the next thing it would be was CRUSHED!

How exciting for this great old car if it could only LIVE a little again, I thought. It was like bringing up the TITANIC to sail once again...

The 300L had rusted through in many places including the roof, so restoration, while still possible I suppose, was out of the question for me.

I had no money for that. So my friend did all the body work to convert it to a stock car and I did the 413 and the rest of the running gear.

We raced it for a whole season in 1998 after which we were out of money to even enter our cars. My friend kept the car and cut it up when he had to close his radiator shop in Santa Barbara. He kept the engine and transmission although I don't think he has ever used it anywhere else.

If they are still around, does someone want to buy the engine and 4 speed? If so, have them contact me. I'll see what I can find out.

Hemi Andersen

hemland@xxxxxxx

=

<*> Your email settings: