[Chrysler300] motor & trans out of 300C as one, or split?

[Chrysler300] motor & trans out of 300C as one, or split?

Good news, and bad news, on my Supercharged 300C resto.

Good news - tonight for first time/night/ever, since I bought the car near 12 years ago, it is where I live - until now I deliberately never kept it here, as afraid of fire, and losing it and too many others if it happened. So tonight, I have three my 300Cs near together enough to put them side by side.

Bad news, is why it is here - my 300C quarter panel man asked me to take the body off, so he first can easiest/best repair/replace the only rust on the trunk floor, right at the rear left body mount, just in front of rear bar. I knew it there, but wanted lower 1/4 repairs done first, but he said, do it right, the right way round.

So at same time, frame now going to sandblasters before body refitted, so question is, as I am lifting motor and trans out so it easier/better for sandblasters to manage chassis, do other 300 hemi-ly members suggest unbolting the trans to make things lighter, or is motor and trans lifted out as one, not too much for most portable lift frames/cranes ???
Today I have removed all the front panels, rad support etc, and trans also unbolted at crank.

Just how heavy is 392 motor less carbs, gen and starter, the how heavy cast iron torqueflight?
Everything except rear xmember is undone, so I hoping to have it done before lunch, as sandblasted body/frame assembly due back at panel shop 2 days time, xmas still a hoped 'meetable' deadline for panelwork finish, with all three employees promising to work only on it if it 'do-able', but how often do things go to plan with cars/300s?!

Christopher Australia
ps taking few photos, as boy they did some extra work/things fitting that blower on the car, many neat things like the special power cable from battery in the trunk, used it's wire armour out layer as the earth lead, attaches to engine block in engine bay, battery in trunk - plus you should see the pulley set up for the blower - like they run so close and varied sizes, you cannot change water pump generator drive vee belt without unbolting stuff, as it caught behind the larger blower pulley on water pump section. And the maze of pressure and vacuum feed hoses for fuel pump, blower, boost step up solenoid, never mind ones going to internal gauge clusters. And the fuel pump I thought was stock 300C one modified, looks like a special factory part of some sort.
Pity it unlikely may never know how much was done by Factory before car went to Dealer - manual steer box with no power steer pump/pulley, suggests at the very least the blower brackets, complete crank and water pump blower pulley set ups, as otherwise, it having no water pump belt/drive - and special fuel pump maybe? And maybe/likely the 1957 Factory Seat belts I asked questions about a fair while ago?

And I now clearly see I have a few perished upper front suspension bushes, strut rubbers, but still can't wait to get the car finally finished, and lay some '1957 Daytona Beach 550bhp', it summer here now, officially starting today.

Sorry to ramble on, but that those two brothers in 1956 had the guts/vision/whatever to say 'hey lets order a coming 300C, get it to make make the 530bhp they calculated it needed, and run it as non factory entry at 150mph on Daytona for '57' is to me pretty great/amazing.
The car is still with us, and if I can get it done, I just know it will put a smile, similar admiration for them, on many faces other than mine into the future long after I am gone.
Many things in the world may be going to hell in a hand basket, but some still have our 300s!!!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)