-----E-mail d'origine-----
De : Moana <moanamei@xxxxxxx>
A : Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Bob Merritt <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé le : Mercredi, 16 Juillet 2008 22:19
Sujet : [Chrysler300] John Hertog's Memorial - July 13, 2008

eing in Sag Harbor to celebrate the life of John Hertog was a most significant
vent for me.  Arriving Saturday night from Arizona -  Dave Clelland and Brian
irillo,  fresh from Carlisle for the weekend, picked me up around 10:30 am
unday at my hotel.  What followed in the next 10 hours was very special.  Dave
ade plans with Jim Shelly to spend the next few hours casually at Jim and
ulia's before the Memorial service at 4:00 pm.  Along the way we met Al Vannice
efore arriving at the Shellys.
Jim had retrieved John's famous red restored/fins re-attached 'Finless G'
arlier and was cleaning it up to take to the services that afternoon when he
an into a problem "under the hood" - we all know to be a very normal
ccurrence.  Between Dave and his team of 300 mechanics a few hours later the
roblem was solved after running around town and finally back to John's basement
here they found the steering wheel hoses organized in a neat row.
In the chapel, at least 100 people
 plus an overflow in the foyer and doors
ttended.  As sad as it was, was as fulfilling as it felt to be together with
eople who came to pray, celebrate and share each one's relationship with a very
pecial person in their respective lives.  There were many - from animal lovers,
o former co-workers, friends, family, and of course his passion for the
hrysler 300s  as well as all other automobiles.  Other club members were Russ
aughn, Don Verity, Dr. Robert Blake and Ted Langeira.  Sorry if I missed anyone
lse who was there.  A beautiful wreath with the Club logo was done by John's
riend Wade.   Hopefully someone took pictures of it to complement the many
tory boards of John's life from childhood.  Reminiscing continued at
pinnaker's Restaurant where many gathered after the services.
John's loving family and close friends were very warm and cordial.  It was so
ice to meet his Mom, Madeline, from the "City" and Aunt from France.  John's
om is a strikingly tall impressive, loving "Mom" with bright white hair and a
ost delightful French accent to envy!  Most of us know of John (Jean in French)
peaking fluent French when he was on his cell phone with her wherever he was.
elen Mecagni, John's partner for years, was everywhere to be sure everything
nd everyone was comfortable.  Helen was John's caregiver during his last year.
udos to Helen for her wonderful care to details!
By the end of that day the fact confirmed was that everyone loved and
 respected
his unique person whose philosophy of life was 'love and service above self'.
eeing the four guys tinker in, under and over with "Finless" was one of the
ighlights as if John were right there in the middle.  Sag Harbor was busy and
olorful with crowds everywhere.  The beautiful weather helped with the
tmosphere.  Being with many of the people in his life was a meaningful bonding
xperience.  In this brief time frame of the day, it summed up John's life in
he Sag Harbor he dearly loved.   It was a touching experience and John was with
ll of us spiritually and will be forever in our hearts.
Sincerely,
oana Steinberg
ierra Vista, Arizona

   Individual Email | Traditional