Re: [Chrysler300] Brake Line Replacement 300G

Re: [Chrysler300] Brake Line Replacement 300G

Matt, Richard and All:
I used InLine Tube for both the "H" and "F".  The rear end of the long  front
to rear tube was not correct for the "H", but I made it work.  The  "F" was
OK.  The tube from the master cylinder to the distribution block  will not be
authentic.  It should be composed of a "doubler" near  the block.  I made up my
own for the "F" using the special tube nuts I  found (NOS).
I think with an assembled car---which my "F" was, more or less before I
finally got around to the brake lines, (idiot!) the trickiest is the long front
to back line.  Believe me, I was some concerned disconnecting the lower  part
of the fender and pulling it out so the tube could be threaded thru.   Expected
that "perfect" paint job to become grossly non-perfect at any  moment!!
300ly, Gil Cunningham

In a message dated 4/19/2008 4:14:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,