From: David and Evelyn Broxterman [mailto:broxtop@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 9:03 PM
To: Rich Barber
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] WPC News

Hello Rich,

Please inform Paul that this is the same car he saw at
the Winter Nationals in Columbus, Ohio. We moved to
Lakeland, FL in January 2006.

The 55 Chrysler 300 was issued to the New York Yankees
and dubbed an "MVP Car". Although, it was not awarded
to an offically designated MVP. Casey Stengel (Mgr of
the Yanks at the time) gave the car to Enos Slaughter
as part of a "deal" so he would go the newly formed
Kansas City Athletics for a year. Enos owned and drove
the car from 1955 to 1963.

The car has 94,xxx miles now, all original. Still runs
great and I have all the memorabilia discovered with
the car semi-categorized and placed in albums for
display.

My wife, Evelyn, and I show the car periodically here
in Florida and always get plenty of photos, questions,
memories and stories about Enos Slaughter and 55 300's
in general from the spectators.

All the Best,

Dr. David Broxterman, USA (Ret)

<*> Your email settings: