Re: [Chrysler300] Who and where are we

Hi Rich,  As you know, there is the western club also and I have their roster which I would believe leans towards the west.  Possibly you could obtain one and dovetail the two togwether, deleting the duplicate members. I did this back about 14 years ago and at that time 21% belonged to both clubs.  I like your analogey.  Sincerely,  Don Rook in Mena, Arkansas
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rich Barber
  To: 'Chrysler 300 club'
  Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:15 AM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] Who and where are we

  FYI:

  I did a little counting in our club's 2008 roster, primarily to determine
  the "east-west split" and developed the following list.
  Members
  East of Mississippi: 528 27 states incl. DC
  West of Mississippi: 280 24 states
  Sweden: 42
  Canada: 40
  12 Other Countries: 38
  Unknown: 1
  Total: 929

  We are truly an international club and have members in all states and DC
  except Alaska (starting problems??) and in each of the lower tier of
  Canadian provinces except Saskatchewan.

  Interpret the information to suit your taste. I satisfied myself that the
  overwhelming number of members live east of the Mississippi River. The
  reason for that is subject to speculation, but let's don't do that on the
  server. I added a column showing the number of representatives for each
  state which is an indicator of population. Then I divided the number of
  members by the number of representatives. Any state having more than 1.86
  members per representative probably has a higher than average number of
  members in that state. Montana takes the trophy by a long way using that
  criterion. Years of undefined speed limits there may have contributed to
  that situation. Also, the proximity to Gary Goers.

  I was amazed at the number of members from Sweden.

  I have no idea as to how this will look after going through the server.
  Anyone wishing a copy of the Excel spreadsheet, please e-mail me directly
  at: c300@xxxxxxx

  It is a great roster and I thank the publishers for the quality product.

  C-300'ly,
  Rich Barber
  Brentwood, CA (1 of 95 in CA)

  House of Members Members per
  Repr. State/Province/Country 2008 Representative
  53 California 95 1.79
  29 New York 64 2.21
  15 Michigan 59 3.93
  19 Pennsylvania 47 2.47