[Chrysler300] 38th Annual Spring Meet - Eagle River, WI

[Chrysler300] 38th Annual Spring Meet - Eagle River, WI

Greetings from the Wisconsin Northwoods,

Meet preparations are going along OK and I want to thank everyone who has been giving me help and advice.  Also I want to thank everyone who has registered early; it helps all of us with our meet preparation work.

Babette at the Eagle River Inn and Resort tells me that nearly all of the Deluxe and Lakeside Patio rooms have been reserved.  Most of the larger suites are still available.  These larger suites are arranged in various ways and offer especially good value for families or if two parties team together for the rental.   You can view the various room types at the Inn website www.eagleriver-inn.com

Additionally at the Eagle River Inn site there are five 3 bedroom condos.  These 3 bedroom units have a ground level that includes bedroom, bath, kitchen, dining, and living room with sleeper couch.  Upstairs are two separate bedrooms with their own baths and TV's.  The three units are completely private with separate keys.  There is an inside hallway and stairs that serves all three units so late nighters or early risers would not disturb anyone.  On the other hand if your group wanted to all gather you would have the space in the ground level unit.  They are very nicely furnished and offer good value at a total cost of $300 per night.  A fair split of costs might be $120 per night for the lower area and $90 per night for each upper unit.  Our hospitality area is in the lower, walk-out area of this condo building so it would be very handy.

There is also one adjacent two bedroom condo available at $250 per night.

Babette also said a few reservations have been made at their Super 8 motel about 1 1/2 mile east of the Inn.  This motel is an especially good value with pool, hot tub, saunta, and continental breaskfast.  I don't think anyone staying there will be disappointed.  The only downside is the few minutes drive back and forth to the Inn.

I guess that is it for serious business but I do want to especially thank our Fall meet host Doug Mayer for his fine raffle offer connected with the Maine Blackfly Breeders Association.  It inspired me.  This week I'll contact our own Wisconsin Deer Tick Growers Co-op and the Great Northwoods Mosquito Reproduction Society to see what they may be willing to donate as raffle or doorprizes for the Maine meet.

Carlton Schroeder

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional