Re: [Chrysler300] Maine Meet

On Feb 26, 2008, at 5:41 PM, MATTHEW OSTROWSKI wrote:
Hello Group,      Have the "powers to be" put together the schedule of
events for the Meet in Maine this coming September? I'm sure comsuming
large amounts of lobster and white wine is at the top of the list.
Regards, Matt O

Go to the Club's website and bookmark it  for future reference. Much
info there on Club events and tech. stuff.
Here's the Fall Meet info posted on the 300 Club's website:

  Boothbay Harbor, Maine
  September 10 - 13, 2008

This Meet will be pricey, but the experience will be worth it for those
who will never go to Maine just to visit. Those who attended the first
Maine Meet raved about it and begged to go back. We're going back to a
different location, Boothbay Harbor, a great and much in demand tourist
spot on the coast of Maine. Now some words from our hosts:

Meet hosts are Doug and Susan Meyer, Bill and Ann Rust, and Russ
Vaughan. This is an exceptional venue. Boothbay Harbor is a tourist
destination second only to Bar Harbor, with much to do in the
village--along with the quintessential sights, sounds and smells of the
rockbound Maine coast.

Cindy and/or Bianca at the Boothbay Harbor Inn are taking reservations
for the Fall Meet (Sept 10-14). If you call 1 800 533 6302, ask for
Cindy or Bianca; they are the only two authorized to take our
reservations, and they will do it happily. If you are a AAA member, and
tell them, you will receive a 10% discount on the room you select.

On the other side of town from our hotel,one of Boothbay's regional
shipyards is rebuilding the Bounty. We are considering some short
morning discussions about Maine history--fishing, shipbuilding, etc.
that would inform those interested, but not be a college lecture
series.

Activities will be the same as they were in 2004-- a drive to
particularly scenic areas of Maine, along the coast or inland, and a
boatride off the coast. In 2008, the venue is closer to Freeport, home
of L.L. Bean. If the weather is not perfect there are also museums in
Bath and Portland that attract. The Saturday show will be at the
Boothbay Railway Museum, a few miles inland from the harbor. Not only
do they have old trains; they also have old cars.

The Meet motel will be at the Boothbay Harbor Inn, at the head of the
harbor. The hotel has 60 rooms plus the function rooms that we usually
need; we have reserved the entire Inn. The hotel is expensive; rates
range from $110 to $180 a night. You can find the motel on line at .
The hotel is literally at the head of the harbor, beside a footbridge
which leads across the harbor into Boothbay village. From shoreside
rooms and the patio, the guests look down the harbor. Early in
September, it will be a busy harbor. A second, less expensive hotel
will also be recommended. We understand that the hotel rates are high,
but we also know that Boothbay Harbor is one of the premier places on
the coast of Maine. And let's not forget the lobster and other
shellfish meals to enjoy.

Ray Jones 300 Club Meet Coordinator.

All right folks, time's awasting! The Spring Meet in Eagle River, WI.
will be a good'un, don't miss it! Registrations will be in your anxious
hands in a few days, so lets get those Meet Registrations in soon, give
poor Gloria a break and don't wait 'til the last few days.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: