  From: John
  To: Bill Buechler ; Chrysler 300 Club Intl
  Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:31 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 58 300-D Headliner

  Mopar Mel's response to me about the headliners & retaining strips he reproduces for the 57-59 Dodges & Plymouth two-door hardtops -

  My headliners are cardboard I think for dodge and ply only. my retainer strips are for the same

  Sooooo . . . if anyone out there in 300 Land with other Forwardlook cars can confirm the interchange of the retaining strips that are used on the 1957, 1958 and 1959 Dodges & Plymouth 2-door hardtops with the ones used on the 1958 Chrysler 300-Ds, we have a source - but Mel is not willing to say that they'll fit Chryslers - and the strips he sells separately for about $200. The cardboard headliners alone are about $750 additional.

  John Spiers
  Lake Worth, Florida

  John <spiers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Bill and list -

  Something I just came across that may be applicable to our 300-D
  coupes.

  Mopar Mel www.moparmel.com is reproducing the headliners - three-piece
  cardboard (no cloth covering) and the pair of chrome strips for '57 through
  '59 Plymouths and Dodge two-door hardtops - $950/set - the pic below (from
  a '59 Sport Fury) is not the reproduced item, but an original I'm including
  for reference. Here's a link to the discussion on the Forwardlook listserver -

  http://tinyurl.com/2ke7o8

  I sent Mel an e-mail today asking how close they are to the Chrysler parts.

  John Spiers
  Lake Worth, Florida

  Bill Buechler <billsolds@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hey John