[Chrysler300] Fuel problems and 300C master cylinders

[Chrysler300] Fuel problems and 300C master cylinders

Hello

I am new to the club and have been following the recent chat about fuel
problems.  When I rebuilt my Australian 71 Valiant Hardtop 318 about 25
years ago I put on a 360 (re-buildable) Carter pump off another car I bought
for wrecking.  It pumped alright but leaked back to the tank when off.  I
found the rubber flaps in the valves had curled up, probably from sitting
around without fuel in it for a long time.  After I put a kit through it to
replace the valves, it never leaked back again at least for the next 14
years till I sold it.  If you have an in-line clear filter you can see if
the fuel is leaking back by noting the level when you switch off and when
you come to start again.  I don't know if this applicable to the cars being
discussed but this is a simple check and an easy fix before going to all the
trouble of fitting an extra electric pump.

I have imported a 300C that needs a complete restoration.  I would like to
keep the car original but would like to know if anyone knows of a dual
circuit master cylinder that can replace the original without too much
trouble.  I am willing to trade some originality for peace of mind when it
comes to my safety considering the amount of traffic now and some of the
steep grades on the scenic drives around here.

Happy New Year

Henry Schleimer

Brisbane Australia

Yahoo! Groups Links