[Chrysler300] price help needed re 55 NY convert

[Chrysler300] price help needed re 55 NY convert

This is not exactly a 300 question, but hopefully not completely out of line after recent Club site discussions re rarity and values of non 300 New Yorkers of same years as 300s. It may be better you respond off site if you think that appropriate, although any reply may interest those with '55 300s, and or Mopar or 300 converts ?!  Answers before Sunday pm your time much appreciated if anyone cares to guess/suggest $$$$  ?!

A friend of sorts has a sort of dealer type guy pestering him to sell his fully restored 1955 New Yorker converible. He is only  considering selling it because he wants a 1957 300C (coupe), and has for many years.

The '55 New Yorker is a totally ground up (not to be confused with ground up as in meat, etc) full resto to original light green with metallic side flash, 100% totally correct white leather and orginal old stock factory metallic thread green etc fabric, power seat, 2 spd auto, Chrysler issue/type '55 KH rechromed wires with wws.

The car has only done 104 miles since finished recently, and during the many year resto, the owner has worldwide sought out and found about only another 15 odd '55 NY converts after a many year inquiry, correspondence with US and Europe - you guys in US will know how many are likely out there.

He phoned me re any 300Cs I knew of, and said this buyer is talking around $60k Aust - near $53k UDSD. I think the car is worth more than that ?!  Especially as it redone 100% to factory issue triple green except for added Chrysler wire wheels.

I said after recent '59 De Soto convert sales, and RMs recent convert (approx 1948) Town and Country sale price, it may/should be worth more than that?!

Am I right or wrong - anyone know of any sold recently - and what price?!

Christopher in Australia where just after near all grain crops and spring pasture across southern Australia have died, burnt off after usual rains failed, now the last two days we have rain that is not only useless and will only grow weeds, in some outback places it is so heavy floods are occuring - and obviously all my 300Cs are still sitting unused since autumn

May your weather be better wherever you are

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: