[Chrysler300] California'a burning

Hello all from smoky southern California, in the San Fernando Valley,
northwest of Los Angeles city proper.  Everyone here at our home is ok,
thank you for your thoughts.  The fires were to the north, east and west of
us.  All the roads out to the coast that Big Yellow runs free on were
closed.  Hundreds of homes were lost.  The area that I used to live in,
Rancho Bernardo, in northern San Diego County was decimated. This was a
planned community that was started in the 60?s.  Streets of homes that I saw
when they were built were on the news as they burnt to the ground.

Out towards the San Diego coast (to the west of Rancho Bernardo) in the
exclusive Rancho Santa Fe area, several estates were lost.  Some of these
were homes of serious auto collectors ? we do not know as of yet what prized
collector cars were lost.  One resident of the area was on the news with his
incinerated home and what was left of a pristine 55 Thunderbird, a burned
out shell.

This morning the winds are calm, as we can now put out the fires and
hopefully the Santa Ana winds, as they are called, are over.

I am pretty sure that club member Brent J (with a G) was evacuated ? we hope
he and his wife are well.

Stay tuned for further details and thank you again for all of your good
thoughts.

Louis M. Barrie
West Hills, CA
Home of Big Yellow and the O.C.