[Chrysler300] Screws on Windshield Headers

[Chrysler300] Screws on Windshield Headers

Hello 300'ly to all!
    I believe the mystery surrounding the screws on windshield headers for trim at the corners has been solved.  According to a knowledgeable source whose business serves our hobby across all years, there were technical bulletins released by Chrysler in '56 and '60 for the '56 and '57s and '60s and '61s that recommended the screw application at the corners of the windshield headers to prevent trim pieces from flying off at high speed.  Apparently this stemmed from time trial experience whereas the requirement existed that the whole car had to cross the finish line for the time recorded to be valid.  Chrysler had a problem in '56 with a time not being validated because during a time trial run windshield trim flew off before the car came across the finish line.  Supposedly this was also the case in late 1960.  The source did not have the technical bulletin numbers and wondered if any club members might have them in their files.  He also did not want me to divulge his name in order to prevent a deluge of phone calls to his business regarding the technical bulletin situation.  So here is another interesting tidbit of information which may be the missing link in the explanation why certain high performance Chrysler products have been seen with these alterations, my C a few other Cs and a few '57 Adventurers and perhaps some  Gs. As seems to be the case, even in modern times, TSBs aren't recalls and only those in the know or who experienced the problem upon presenting to the dealer service department if the TSB was out at the time or known by the service folks, the fix was made.  ROB KERN

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: