Re: [Chrysler300] buzzing Hurst

On my 70 300, the buzzing was related to the headlight positions.  It
seemed as though the lights were all the way open (on) and the
mechanism was still trying to open them a little more, hence the
buzzing.  It was several years ago and I can't remember now exactly
what I did, I believe it may have been some adjustment of the
electric motor mounting which I think is slotted.

Bill Huff

At 9/15/200709:55 AM, mwl1967@xxxxxxx wrote:
>John,
>              My  '70 Charger does the same thing. It's the headlamp relay
>under the dash,  attached to the lower dash with a single phillips
>screw on my
>car, possibly  similar or maybe plugged into the fuse box on yours.  ( I'll
>check my '70  300 this weekend )
>
>             Anyway,  the buzz continued even after I replaced several good
>used relays with an  oem, nos piece. The headlamp motor was nos
>also.  I've been
>told that the  contacts inside the motor may be out of adjustment causing the
>relay to think  that the lamp doors are still open and hence, not shutting
>off the current (  because it wants to close the headlamp doors
>).  This causing
>the contact  points inside to buzz. I'd disconnect it until you figure it out
>rather than  risk burning out the relay.
>
>         If you figure it out please  let me know.
>
>Mike Laiserin
>Phoenix, Az

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to