[Chrysler300] More on 6V Optima

  Thanks to Richard, Warren and John for your answers. After sending the mail and reading the 55 manual on adjusting, I telephoned tech support at Optima. The tech agreed that their instruction is somewhat confusing. He said to measure the voltage at the regulator, BAT TERM and it should be 7.1V, if so the charging current should be OK. Following the manual I hooked up DVM and AM to make a voltage reg test. The hood is off so I let the car run in the garage and walked 5mi. The Voltage did not drop below 7.6; the AM showed 9-10amps. the dash AM was about just past center mark. There is a procedure in the manual to adjust the Volt Reg, I am very hesitant to start making the bends to the spring mount as illustrated. Will call AAB again and see what he says. All this is to hang onto their 7 yr warranty and hope the battery outlives me.

  PS John your regulator may be set different and you may not be overcharging your optimas.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: