RE: [Chrysler300] Urgent help needed - 300C TSB

RE: [Chrysler300] Urgent help needed - 300C TSB

Sounds like it may be more than carb problem, unless a lower secondary
butterfly is stuck open - just slightly will cause what you are talking
about, and my 2nd 300C had this happen, and it seemed funny why car would
not idle - the shaft had seized just enough from lack of use, even though in
fairly dry climate here.

Another more fairly common reason why a rebuilt motor will not idle is a
vacuum leak somewhere - could be a gasket at base of carby, the line/fitting
that goes to power (vacuum) assisted brakes/cannister, or worst, intake
gaskets on underside of intake manifold, which can happen if heads milled,
and intake not matched to them.

For motor not to idle below 700 rpms indicates pretty major leak, although
high duration cam may raise minimum idle speed above former usual lower
figure, but this does not sound like cause here.

Some people try using squirt bottle to put little gas around carb bases to
see if this fixes/helps - if it does, it is gasket at base of carb.  Also if
brake booster's internal rubber vacuum/gasket fails with age, and alllows
motor vacuum through, that will also lean out motor - can test this by
blocking vacuum line to booster - if no change, this likely not the problem.

Christopher in Australia

>From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "Intl 300" <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>CC: <Dennis57300@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [Chrysler300] Urgent help needed - 300C TSB
>Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:30:28 -0500
>
>Dennis57300@xxxxxxx , Dennis Goodemote  has his rebuilt 300C  392" sitting
>on a dyno at a shop and can not get the rebuilt carbs to idle at all.
>Several hundred rpm too high.
>
>I think he needs to go through linkage and carb adjustments from the 300C
>tech bulletin that was part of the '57 TSB set.   I don't have mine any
>where near me tonight.   The individual TSB I'm talking about is the
>approx. 30 pages of info regarding the 300C which is above and beyond what
>got into the factory shop manual.  Of those 30 there is probably 10 pages
>on carburetion.
>
>Dennis is just south of Buffalo, NY.   Hoping someone has the TSB scanned
>or can fax it to Dennis or drive over with it if you are that close.  The
>working hours screwing around with the engine on the dyno are at $60 per
>and are adding up fast.
>
>Dennis has not gotten back to me re. whether he has a fax so email him if
>you need a fax or phone number to make this happen.
>
>Wayne

Advertisement: See what's Hot in new Live Hotmail
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=810&referral=Hotmailtagline&URL=http://www.livehotmail.ninemsn.com.au/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional