Re: [Chrysler300] Setting up 6V optima

  I finally became tired of lead acid battery leaks and other problems and purchased the antique auto battery optima package. Per the installation instructions, unless the regulator is set to deliver 2-3 amps after the car is driven 5-10mi. Charge rate should not exceed 7.2 V at 1500rpm. All to prevent overcharging which voids the warranty. The shop manual suggests the current regulator is set to deliver 43-47amps, a long way from 2-3 amps. Has anyone successfully been able to reset theirs to meet the optima specs. If so how?

  DC generator can develope very high current and an AC generator is self limiting inheirently. DC generators therefore need cutout contacts.

  Following storage, charging system may well be called upon to replenish above the 2-3 A specified for 20+ miles at 7.2 V. So, this does puzzle.

  Now, if the battery is at full charge, the car is started and run 5-10 miles, then at proper regulation  7.2 V, current should then be 2-3A. This, I challenge, is what is meant. No adjustment should be made to the current cutout, I would say.

  SedWarren Anderson
  Sedoana_.___
  Messages

    a..  1New Members