[Chrysler300] Notes from another venue re: Chrysler fuel sending/measur

[Chrysler300] Notes from another venue re: Chrysler fuel sending/measuring system

These values correspond very closely to those measured on the sending unit
on my 1955 Chrysler C-300--with a 6-Volt system:  72 Ohms full, 10 Ohms
empty.  Now I'm wondering if that is some kind of industry or Chrysler
standard.

Assuming the gas gauge is essentially an ammeter, the needle position will
vary with the float position and the system Voltage.  I think I see the
Voltage regulator kicking in and out as that causes or contributes to needle
blips.

Using the clamp part of a flaring tool to hold the tubing is a pretty smart
idea.  My tubing clamp has wing nuts that should enable placing a good
strong clamping force on the tubing, right next to the threaded connector.
A couple days of soaking with Kroil or Deep Creep on the stuck/corroded
tubing connection should also help.  Now if there is a secret to starting
the threaded connector without cross-threading the fitting, I'd love to hear
that.

C-300'ly,

Rich Barber