[Chrysler300] fuel tank sending unit

I know I'm doing something stupid, I just don't seem to figure out what, so I'll ask and give y'all a good laugh to start the week-end.

The problem is the send unit will not send the message to the gas gauge on the instrument panel that the tank is full.  It reads empty regardless of the amount of gas in the tank.

This is what I know:

The tank sending unit works.  I've run a jumper from the line to the tank to the sending unit and as I manually move the float up and down(while grounded) the gas gauge goes up and down.  This also tells me that the gas gauge works.

With the tank unit installed in the tank I have run jumpers from the tank to the frame and from the flange that holds the unit in the tank to the frame.  So I think I've grounded everything.  the tank unit still reads empty on the gas gauge.  Works the same with or without the jumpers on the tank and the keeper flange or the sending unit.

What am I missing, that is besides my sanity?  Yes there is gas in the tank.

Thanks for your help and your welcome for the laugh

Zak

It has removed 618 spam emails to date.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: