Re: [Chrysler300] Tail-Lights

Hallo Ian.

Do you remember me? 66 300 tail lights? I brought the car from US and when
it came to Sweden I examined it and found that the rear tail lights were
changed from 300 to Newport.Probably by accident from before. I am very
intressted to buy yours so I can restore mine to orginal. My car has a 440
engine. Do you know how to see if it is aTNT engine or not? It has an
aftermarket air cleaner when I got it, but it has braces for dual exhaust.

  Regards Anders

>From: mrmopar66@xxxxxxx
>To: chrysleranders@xxxxxxxxxxx, Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Tail-Lights
>Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 19:40:48 EST
>
>Anders:
>
>Happy New Year to you as well.
>
>I own a 1966 300 convertible.  The tail lights are unique to the 300 for
>this
>year, as are the rear quarter panels.  The rear quarters are cut out to
>accept the wrap around lights.  I once came across a 1966 300 coupe with
>the same
>issue.  It was being sold by an antique car dealer outside of Chicago.  I
>was
>friends with the owner of the establishment at the time, and he asked me to
>come and take a look at it.  Although there was no traceable documentation,
>it
>appeared that the car was either in a serious accident or had some severe
>rust
>conditions.  The rear clip off a 1966 Newport was substituted.  The grille,
>interior and serial number all indicated it was born a 300.  The fit and
>finish
>appeared to be OK, but it is obviously different from a 300.  This sounds
>like
>the same situation.  I know it can be difficult to find some of these items
>which are unique to the 300, but it is certainly worth the effort.  I
>believe I
>may still have the right tail light lens, as well as both bezels from my
>car.
>I replaced these with used ones when I did the restoration on it.  They are
>far from excellent condition, but they are useable.  The bezels can be
>rechromed.  If you are interested, I'll try to find them.
>
>Good luck.  I love my 66 because it has not yet gotten caught up in the
>frenzy of extraordinary high prices.  Therefore, I don't mind driving her
>everywhere, as long as the weather is OK!
>
>Regards,
>
>Ian Carlton
>1966 Chrysler 300 Conv
>1966 Plymouth Barracuda