[Chrysler300] Fwd: Meadow Brook Car Club Parking

[Chrysler300] Fwd: Meadow Brook Car Club Parking

For those of you who may live in the area, this is a super car show. If
any of you are interested in forming a club or group, let me know and
I'll put you in touch with each other. Or you can post yourself on the
list for others to get with you.
Ray

Dear Club Representative:

Thank you for your continuing feedback regarding your club's
participation in the 29th annual Meadow Brook Concours d?Elegance.
 Many have been providing an anticipated number of participants and
cars from their clubs.  This information has been very useful for our
planning purposes!  We can now accept your reservations and payment up
to July 10, 2007.  We will then mail your tickets and club parking
passes to your club representative.  Attached are some images
illustrating some of the diverse automotive designs invited to the 2007
Concours d?Elegance.

1957 Oldsmobile Super 88 Convertible, owned by Wm. Ornes of Illinois.
1970 XP-882 aka the Aerovette, designed by Zora Arkus Duntov and Bill
Mitchell, owned by General Motors

We are also pleased to announce that the legendary 1909
"Blitzen-Benz," which set a world land speed record in 1911 with its
massive 21.5 liter engine, will be at the Concours, courtesy of
Daimler-Benz. (An image of the Blitzen-Benz is also attached.) In
addition, we have recently confirmed that a trio of the famous Alfa
Romeo B.A.T. (Berlina Aerodinamica Technica) aerodynamic concept
vehicles from the mid-1950s will be shown by the Blackhawk
Collection from California.

The following details will assist with your planning and smooth entry
to your reserved club parking area:
	? 	We ask that clubs arrive after 8:30am.  This will allow the
majority of the Concours d?Elegance entrants to get through the roads
unencumbered and onto the field quickly. The show opens to the General
Public at 10:00am.
	? 	Please identify one (1) representative that we should best
communicate with (and provide that person?s mobile phone number) for
the day of the Concours d?Elegance, and email that contact information
to us. This contact will facilitate parking and logistics if your club
wants to arrive as a group.  There are many different ways you may want
to accomplish this.   In any case
please drive safely.
	? 	We have volunteers to assist getting your club to your assigned
area.  The parking areas are generally flat and on mowed grass.  The
areas were assigned based on receipt of your reservations and also on
what size group fits best in what location.  It is our goal, and most
likely yours, that all of the cars be displayed to the public in as
organized manner as possible.
	? 	We ask that your club, and most likely your one representative, be
responsible for the placement of your vehicles.  Please place the front
bumpers in a neat, straight row, and space the vehicles equally.  We
are planning for sufficient space so that open doors will not touch
each other.
	? 	Our volunteers are there to help your club.  Please have your
representative introduce themselves to the volunteer in your area, and
use them as a resource for any assistance you may need.  This may
include a comment that your entire club may be going to the Concours
d?Elegance field for a period of time.  The volunteer will do their
best to watch your club area, however, we ask that you please lock your
vehicles and secure your belongings during this period of time.  We
have never had any problems in the past, however, we do not want to
encourage any difficult situations. There will be an ambulance on the
Concours d?Elegance site and trained medical personnel available if
needed.
	? 	We understand that many clubs are intending to have a ?picnic?
which is of course fine.  There will also be food and beverage service
on the Concours d?Elegance field.  Please follow Oakland University
rules.  We will be providing trash receptacles through the club corral
area; please use them to keep your area neat and presentable.  Please
pick up trash in your club area before you leave.
	? 	We hope that you have a great day at the Concours d?Elegance!

Your response TODAY with an indication of the participation we might
expect from your club would be greatly appreciated!

If you have any questions, please contact our committee members:
Bram Over, bramover@xxxxxxxxx
Jon Block, jwblock@xxxxxxxxx
Sincerely,
Meadow Brook Concours d?Elegance