[Chrysler300] Re:AFB Carbs

Nothing  in the original factory literature for my 300F (including owner's
manual,  service manual, parts manual, service bulletins, and advertising and
press kits)  indicates the CFM rating of the carburetors. Apparently this was
something that  the design engineers didn't think the owners or service
technicians needed to  know (and why would they?).

HOWEVER,  later Carter AFB's with identical throttle bores and identical
primary and  secondary venturis are rated at 625 CFM (see Dave Emanuel's book on
Carter Carburetors). Therefore I think it is a reasonable assumption that the
earlier identically-sized AFB's had the identical flow: i.e., 625 CFM  apiece.

            This  would be true for the 1960 300F and the 1961 300G. Might be
true for other  years, but I don't have the carb dimensions for 1959 and
prior or 1962 and  later.

                                                                    300F'ly,

                                                                    Roger
Karlson