Re: [Chrysler300] USPS mailing of old 300 parts overseas?

Re: [Chrysler300] USPS mailing of old 300 parts overseas?

Christopher-

  Only a week ago, I used the USPS to send a pair of Triumph motorcycle mufflers to Australia to an eBay buyer.  The weight was 14 pounds, the cost, $88.40.  They arrived in 6 days by "Priority Mail International".  I was told there are greatly increased costs for larger sizes & weights.

  Go to www.usps.com .  There is a postage calculator, and when you get there, not only is there a choice given for US Domestic Mail, but you can calculate international rates as well.  If the parcel exceeds one cubic foot, then the rates are higher - had my box been smaller, the rate would have been only $70.40 - but only a post office worker with the new software can tell you what the size surcharge will be, since even they don't know how to calculate it with pencil & paper, and admitted so when I sent it out.  Each counter worker at the post office has an elaborate shipping chart that looks like it was made with plenty of French curves and a bottle or two of whiskey, and none of them understand it, at least nobody I've spoken to yet.

  So I believe with my very recent experience, that there is no danger of not getting your old 300 parts shipped to Australia.

  John Spiers

christopher beilby <thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Do perhaps any ebay sellers on the list know if USPS has recently changed,
reduced, eliminated, it's former service of offering Surface mail shipping
overseas, or at least, to just Australia?

USPS offered this 'slow boat' (took around 8-12 weeks) for heavier items - I
think it was called something like (international) 'Flat Rate' ?

Reason I ask is US ebay shipper of couple of '57 tailight main diecast
housing pieces says USPS do not offer surface/sea shipping for such items
anymore - they weigh about 10 lbs with one of the other smaller bezels.

If USPS have dropped former sea shipping for such weight small items, that
will be a real bummer, especially if that also applies to Europe, places
like Germany and Swiss, etc, who are regular bidders for such stuff. ( And
if so, so much for my praise of USPS just days ago!?)

Saturday evening here - first day today no real rain for the whole week,
although apparently farm areas to north west have been much drier where all
this rain would have done some real good,

Christopher in Australia

ps look forward to hearing report on new repo lower 300C quarter panel
sheetmetal - here's hoping these ones are correct heavy gauge, and at least
passable quality, that before knowing what price they will be??

Advertisement: Win a $7000 DJ mixing system with MOS - Sessions 4.
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=788&referral=hotmailtagline&URL=http://music.ninemsn.com.au/compIntro.aspx?compId=2396

Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: