[Chrysler300] barrett-jackson, desotos&300s

[Chrysler300] barrett-jackson, desotos&300s

Howdy gang. I have just returned from Barrett-Jackson and after a week
of being there and I am beat. Full blown sensory overload. For those of
you who have been there to sell a car I am sure you can relate. I was
there with the black 59 Desoto Adventurer convert. Perhaps I should have
clarified earlier that I did not own the car, I did help out with much
of the restoration though. I did the paint and body assembly, made it
run sweet and lots of other stuff. Greg Groom was the owner.
 Some of you guys may think that 300G convert was a steal, but upon
seeing it in person it was closer to an amateur resto or a nice driver.
Nothing like the 200k G verts of the last couple years. Dave was there
to see it, I would think he would agree. The cinnamon G hardtop was a
pretty nice car, very sharp. Brought decent money for a hardtop! Just a
little info on the Desoto's for those who may not know-the 59 adventurer
convert is a very rare beast. Only 97 were built and only 6 or so are
known to exist. The 59 adventurer was probably one of the flashiest of
all the Chrysler products with all the gold trim and grill to the gold
metal thread woven into the black carpet, it was for sure the fanciest
and the last hurrah for Desoto before the company went under early in
61.
The red 59 sweep convert was owned by a friend of mine from Wisconsin.
It was a very pretty car. Documented low miles virgin restored using the
original interior. So even though it was a cheap model it brought lots
of attention because of this. Didn't hurt that it was a red on red car
either!
Another very rare fin car there was a 60 dodge polara D500 convert. Red
on red, very nice car that perhaps less than 10 were built and maybe 3
survive. Sold today for 160k plus commissions. Pretty good deal I think.
Impossible to find car!
>From what I can remember, the most expensive Chrysler product that
sold-not including those concept weird cars-was parked right next to me
and the 59 adventurer all week and nobody much paid it any attention.
The car was a 1966 dodge coronet with a 426 hemi in it. And it was a 4
door sedan. One of only five 4 door hemi cars built and one of only 3
known to exist. And it was very very nice. Sold for about $660,000
including commissions. It looked like a sweet old red taxicab. Bitchin!
So the 300 letter cars are kinda common compared to these few models, at
least if you have the dough you can at least find one to buy!
Nearly all of the big engine Mopar muscle cars-cudas, challengers, 426
hemi and 440-6 pack cars were significantly DOWN in price compared to
the last couple years. Many selling at half or less than their values
over the last year.
Ford appeared to be king with tons of Shelby cars selling for big dough,
boss 429 mustangs bringing half a million+! Each! And there were many
boss 429s and tons of the Shelby cars there! So market saturation
doesn't hold water with the ford guys I guess.
 Too many stinkin corvettes. I cant stand those things.
Enough rambling,
Lee in san diego

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: