Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler 300 category on eBay

Ray Jones wrote:
> Hey Guys;
> I'm fed up with having to wade thru the late model crap while looking
> for parts for Chrysler 300's. I sent in the following suggestion:
>
> Those  of us who collect, own and work on the original 1955-1975
> Chrysler 300's are being buried in dozens of offerings for many
> accessories for the "New" chrysler 300's. It's hard to filter thru the
> junk Neon lights, Headlight bulbs, Grills, and other items for the late
> model 300's to find Parts for our old cars. Add a category for "Classic
> 300'' or "Pre 1980 Chrysler 300" so we can find what we need faster.
> Thanks, Ray
>
> You can go here to suggest a change:

Ray and Others,  its more a matter of refining your search terms
There are several ways to construct search strings (terms)

heres one I use for another pursuit of mine
jayce* -(AU$5.00) -DVD -(treasure chest) -lori -jayceesatx -CD -mirada

Jayce* where * becomes a wild card, meaning any word that starts with
jayce is included, this covers the full spelling jaycee as well as the
plural form
-(AU$5.00)  Excludes any result that has AU$5.00 (which counts as 2
words in the search process)
-DVD  excludes any result that has DVD (as a single word)
- of course is the trigger here
ALSO you can have multiple exclusions inside the braces
so -(lori, layceestax, CD, mirada) will work also

ALSO
using braces to include words works also,
ergo, in a search for years of car parts to seek
(57, 1957, 58, 1958)  the commas are Necessary when using multiple
entries inside the braces, will serve to start limiting the results

this link has a search table with clickable links that have search terms
refined already
http://www.forwardlook.net/

is this something that could be implemented on the club site???
I would speculate that the Forwardlook folks might be willing to share
the 'how-to's' if asked.

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy