Prices go up, prices come down, but this time?????

Prices go up, prices come down, but this time?????

I read most of the postings, but seldom reply as enough is posted to keep it
interesting.  I would like to say something about the Chrysler 300 fin
beauty current pricing.

Car prices have historically increased and sometimes decreased with the
influence of our economy and other factors.  However, the most important
consideration in this valuation might be availability and demand.   Now lets
look at Chrysler cars, specifically the 1957 thru1961 era.   What do they
all have in common?   Very few were made new, and therefore because of time,
even fewer are available today.   They also represent a very short period in
automotive design history (5 years) when the fin style was in demand, and
today's buyers are responding to this style again.

It has finally become reality that the buying public recognizes the
uniqueness and rarity of Chrysler products from this era.   It was a long
time in coming, but obviously because of the big dollar sales, today people
are aware of the Dodge, Plymouth, DeSoto, and of course the flagship
Chrysler 300s.   As a group compared to GM and Ford these cars were almost
non-existent when new, and continue to be elusive today.

The same comparison can be made for other eras of American car history.  As
example the classic car period of the 1930's.   The prices of teen and
twenty's cars has been high and it has been low, and lots of example remain
today.  Same can be said for the 1940- thru mid fifty group.   But the
classic of the 1930's have held up very well.  Why, because they are rare
and they are beautiful!    So I submit to you that the Chrysler products of
the 1950's thru early 60's have similar appeal and that is not likely to
chance over time.   My opinion is these and higher prices are here to stay.
There is enough buyer demand (money) available to continue this trend for
these are the Duesenburg's of the 1950's....

Buy the way, the new "Standard Catalog of 1950's Chrysler" is now available
from Krause Publications, ISBN 089689-349-2, it has lots of color photos and
detail.  It features a 1959 Chrysler 300E convertible on the cover, a 1958
DeSoto Firesweep and  1957 DeSoto Adventurer on the back cover.   Ditch the
"price guide" that comes with it, as it is not even close to reality.   But
the volume is worth obtaining as the information, details, and photos are
excellent.

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holiday Season....

Bob Brown