[Chrysler300] Price and value.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Pristelski <jpristelski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Dec 20, 2006 10:44 AM
Subject: FW: [Chrysler300] Price and value.
To: "Jim Pristelski (new)" <ajp002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 Andy's comment, below, on winged cars that are nearly unsellable at certain
times in their lives brought back some memories?

My dad was a Chrysler Plymouth dealer, in partnership with my uncle, from
1960 to 1980 in northern Wisconsin.   In 1970, they had a Plymouth Superbird
on the showroom floor.  It was Tor Red with a 440 and 4 speed tranny.   Neat
car, but at the end of the model year, it was still on the showroom floor.
My dad and uncle took a small loss on it to sell it well into the 1971 model
year.

The original purchaser still has it.  Over the years, it has only been used
occasionally and is still in mint, original condition.  A few years ago, he
got divorced.  Part of the divorce decree is that he cannot sell the
Superbird.  It must pass to his two children at his death!

Just another example of how seemingly unpopular cars at one point in time
can become a focal point of a family's financial planning at a later point
in time.

Best regards,

Jim