300 values throw your price guide out the window for this one.....!!!!!

300 values throw your price guide out the window for this one.....!!!!!

Hi club,

I contacted Hemmings and got permission to send along the write-up that
Wayne referred to in his post a few days ago.  I can say unequivocally that
I did not comment to any news media about where the car bid to...that being
said, the high bid information is dead-on correct.  I got a kick out of the
'throw your value guide out the window.....' line.  Funny stuff!

Happy Motoring.

John

"Power, grace & style
An American classic of a very different kind was supposed to sell at The
Worldwide Group's Hilton Head Auction in South Carolina on November 4.
Unfortunately, the restoration of this 1961 Chrysler 300G with option 281, a
manual transmission, wasn't completed in time. While included in the sale,
one of the true stars of the post-war period wasn't actually on site and
will have to wait until the WWG's May 5 sale in Houston.  Out of 14 built,
five manual-transmission 300Gs remain; this one was a Chrysler press car,
and in addition to the transmission and stock 413 crossram, included power
seats, heater, Golden Tone radio and Sure-Grip 3.23 rearend. We'll take a
manual in our 300G over the pushbutton automatic any day, and you can throw
your value guide out the window for this one: The owner says that "virtual
bidding" on the car that wasn't there reached $160,000.  Contact:
www.thewwg.com."