  From: mjraguse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  To: mrreed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:47
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Downside of 300 values

  In a message dated 12/20/2006 8:14:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
  mrreed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
  I couldn't agree with John more! "Everyone...forgets what a pleasure it used
  to be to just drive the damn things."

  Well, I don't agree....And I have a 57C and a 58D. And I also have a few
  other AACA award winners. I only say that to establish the fact that I know what
  it takes to make an award winner...And if you cannot recover the cost of a
  restoration then it is only the love that carries you on to completion. We have
  to be glad that a coupe can bring $70,000 or more because that is what it
  costs. The chrome alone is 7,000 to 10,000. And the engine work is probably 5+K.
  and the car if fairly decent is perhaps 20,000. Interior...5,000. Quality
  metal work is how much? How about a show paint job. Now what is labor worth? Do
  the math and selling a coupe for 70,000 to 80k is only keeping up with
  restoration costs and inflation. But for those who still lament just wait...the age
  bubble is only out about 10 years.. Then I guess you can start having fun
  again. Nuff said!