RE: [Chrysler300] Marv's suggestion - alternative second list

RE: [Chrysler300] Marv's suggestion - alternative second list

>From Sean in OZ,

Hi to all, Worldwide 300 enthusiasts.

I think we should stick to our common love of these great cars with this
list server, and all the pleasure and fun that surround them, since we
should all know the Golden Rule amongst friends, Try to avoid Political
or Religious debate!

I will say however for the record that most Australian's, when it comes
to the subject of our incredibly close and strong Historical links with
the US, would feel very upset to be classified as a "foreigner", by our
American friends, although technically it may be true. As a young
Australian I was brought up on a fully fledged diet of all the things
good about the States, since it parallels our great lifestyle as well,
so in this case we view AUSSIE and US lifestyle as one of the same.

I was a little confused about Chris B's comments myself, and after my
initial reaction, as a great supporter Of the US and her people, read
his comments a few more times. One thing I can see is that he shares a
love for Chryslers, something that is totally not foreign to Australians
since many families owned Australian made, big V8 Chryslers as we were
growing up.

100's of Australians died in 911, Our Prime-Minister was in the States
with George Bush when it happened! We have fought along side America in
Almost every Modern war since WWI. I had uncles in Korea and Vietnam!
They had mates who died in these conflicts, supporting their great
allies. Australian's are right there with you guys in Iraq and
Afghanistan as we speak. The coalition of the willing! Although you and
I both know their ain't too many willing at present! Our special forces
just engaged a major action with the Taliban. Please, don't call us
foreigners, call us friends. We are probably the greatest friendship
nation the US will ever have.

The other thing is that he had a number of question marks against many
statements, so it could be that he is questioning these various issues?
It was clear he mad some very positive statements like

"As one aussie, can I say that America stands most tall for the bravery
and service of all those going to Iraq and Afghanistan, etc, no matter
how right or wrong anyone may say the war. "

He also said:

 "And this current true great daily individual bravery and individual
sacrifice shows 'America', if it sets a correct course, can emerge into
the future once again as a great inspiration to others in many
fields/areas, as it has been with its iconic cars - 300s and others."

We are never all going to agree on the politics, so why don't we just
respect our mutual love an enthusiasm for our common hobby, our
absolutely common way of life, cut each other some slack, and stick to
the fun stuff; it's all about the cars.

Any Aussie who feels "at home" in the States.

Regards

Sean

P.S. Come and visit one time guys you will travel half way around the
world, get out of the plane, and feel you have gone nowhere! But we have
great site seeing and top car shows!