Re: [Chrysler300] Seatbelts

Hi Nancy:
I saw a 1/2 (!) belt in ebay the other day that appeared  "nubby".
Understandably, it didn't go for too much.  You might want  to check with the Imperial
Club, but I would think the standard (smoother)  fabric we are familiar with
would be very appropriate for your '62  Imp.
I do have a couple of seatbelts I got from a friend around 1960 with
Chrysler part numbers indicating they were from the 1957 or so era.  They  are also
of the smoother, more familiar material.  They were a neutral gray  in color
until I dyed them black to put in my '54 Ford convert.  They were  retained by
cables rather than brackets and bolts.  I just drilled two  holes in the floor
and fastened the cables together underneath with a couple of  cable clamps.
Never did know how they were supposed to be anchored.   Hope I have sorta
answered your questions.   300ly, Gil

In a message dated 8/29/2006 1:00:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,