Re: [Chrysler300] 300H Acceleration Problem

Re: [Chrysler300] 300H Acceleration Problem

Check vacuum advance plate(same as what points are mounted to) and wiring to points.  Under load it moves because of vacuum and could cause such a problem.

Check ignition timing(and point gap--this will change timing if off a lot) to make certain not retarded(do not have 100 percent confidence on timing mark on dampner or crank pulley.  Sometimes they are wrong because of shifting of pulley or dampner on crank snout.

Any water in gas?

Any vacuum leaks in intake manifold or carb mounting or vacuum hose disconnected somewhere.  Check running engine out with a vacuum gauge.

Sounds a lot like accelerator pump problem, but as you changed carbs, probably not.

Make sure that coil is wired correctly, negative wire goes to distributor.  Also is coil good?

Check distributor cap for cracks, and rotor contact.  Is spark plug firing sequence correct?

No burned or damaged intake valve?

Check all wiring to ballast resistor and from there to coil and from there to distributor for faulty wiring or loose connection.

Roger Schaaf
300 B Calyfornua