Re: [Chrysler300] Battery Cables Again

Hi Terry and All:

I don't know the "gauge" of the 300F battery cables, but they are very  close
to 5/16" in diameter, insulation included.  One thing I do know for  sure:
Antique Auto Battery doesn't seem to be able to even correctly copy ones  sent
to them!  I ordered a set for the 300F and the ground cable for the  300K.

    1.  The overall diameter on the "repro" cables  received was about
3/8"---something like
the size the earlier Chrysler cables would be.
    2.  Lengths were not the same as the samples I  sent.
    3.  The positive F cable has the  direction of the clamp reversed!
    4.  They used an almost indescribably ugly  rubber grommet to "finish"
off the end of the wire loom where the starter  harness approaches the starter
relay.

In other words, there was something wrong with everything.  Did I get  back
with them like I should have?  No. I guess I thought it probably  wouldn't be
worth the effort.  I had talked to them on the phone several  times, and sent
them original samples with plenty of little notes attached  describing details.
 Giving up seemed the right way to go at the  time.  I am using the F stuff
temporarily.  I cut off the ugly  grommet and used it as an exhaust pipe
isolator repair in the our  van!  Thought that was appropriate.  I then made what I
think is an  acceptable wire loom end by utilizing the largest diameter heat
shrink tubing I  could find.  I think it looks pretty good too.

So that is my story on AAB.  I am sure many of you have had much more
positive experiences with them---at least I hope so, but thought I should relate
mine.  Forewarned is forearmed, so they say.

300ly, Gil Cunningham
Tally, FL

In a message dated 5/1/2006 8:40:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,