Re: [Chrysler300] Exhaust Manifold Gaskets - G

Re: [Chrysler300] Exhaust Manifold Gaskets - G

Pete,

My only experience with the copper exhaust gaskets has been on an old Dodge of mine with headers. This experience was NOT good. They never did seal.

I have used standard Fel Pro gaskets on my G. They have worked well. Prior to installing the manifolds, I run a fine file over the mating surface to the head. This will show off any high/low spots as well as warpage. If it looks bad, your machine shop should be able to machine it flat.

My opinion is that the copper is a nice idea, just doesn't seem to work.

Best regards,

Richard Osborne

>>> <moparpjf@xxxxxxx> 05/01/06 12:13 pm >>>
Hi Group:

    Have any of you had exceptionally good (bad)  experiences with any
particular type of exhaust manifold gaskets on these  413's?  I know at one point I
tried a copper gasket on my K and it lasted  about a month.  I need one
changed before the meet and I'm planning on a  straight Fel Pro gasket.  Any other
suggestions?

Thanks,

Pete Fitch

[Non- text portions of this message have been removed]

Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links