RE: [Chrysler300] Dumb Question

Hello Jim, John L., and all!  Just wondering if a #3 cond. can be or IS a '20 footer'!? Maybe that's for a #4 and a #3 a 10 footer but I thought a 3 could be a '20'. Just curious if someone could clear that up for me (sorry John Hertog, I'm obsessing on # conditions again!)                                                                                                                      Sincerely and 300ly, Brandt H. J. w/ a G.

John Lyons <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Hi Jim,

I think you are referring to the Brownell measure which is a rating of 1 to
6 for a collector automobile.  Here are the definitions as I know them:

1: Trailer queen, tires never hit the pavement unless being removed from the
trailer at a show.  Better than new.

2: Show piece.  Driven sparingly and trailered as well.  Very little
difference in appearance to a #1 except that it is driven.

3: '10 footer'  That is actually in the definition.  The car appears perfect
from more then ten feet.  Upon closer inspection imperfections in the paint
and interior can plainly be seen.  Clean but not highly detailed motor.

4: Runs and drives but in need of restoration.  Non matching parts,
non-original or unrestored interior, dirty engine bay.

5: Non runner with all major parts there.  In need of a total restoration.

6: Parts car, missing many major components...rusty...etc.

That is the extent of the scale.

JL