 Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:50:02 +1000
   From: "christopher beilby" <thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: BJ and 300C rear spring id?

2) Pulled a rear spring from 2 of my 300Cs. On the underside of the bottom
plate on each are two numbers - 1737037, and 1731737 (if I copied them
correctly) - one of which is crossed out with stamped xxxxs.  After this is
DdCc stamp and numbers 60  7.
Anyone know why stamped like this, and what does the 60 7 stand for -
obviously both seem original fitment, and the two cars were built only days
apart. Both seem not to have been painted.

And final question, were the 390hp cars spring rates heavier/stronger, and
if so by how much?

Christopher

Yahoo! Groups Links