From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Johnl
Sent: Wednesday, 25 January 2006 5:30 a.m.
To: Rich Barber; Chrysler 300 Club International Yahoo Server; Roger Schaaf
Cc: Eric & Belva Baltzar
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Hot Rod 1955 C-300 Tango Red

All,

One other item that Rich did not mention is the antenna.  It appears to be
from a 1956 example assuming it is manual.

This car previously belonged to good and long time friends Erik & Belva
Baltzar of Palm Desert, CA.  Erik has been selling off his extensive 300
collection and other cars as well due to health reasons.  I don't know what
his reaction to all of this will be, but the bottom line it is now in the
hands of a new owner.

Over the course of this project I was contacted by the new owner and the
owner of the shop that undertook the project.  They requested some input
from me regarding certain issues.

The work done appears to be of "first cabin quality" and certainly no
expense was spared.  I guess the only issue I have is that yet another piece
of our Letter Car history has been altered.  Once again it is the owners
choice to do as he pleases with "his" car.  I think it will be interesting
down the road to see if something like this will bring more of a return than
a correctly well preserved example of the same.

On to another subject, but kind of in the same tone.  Last Friday I receive
my models from the builder for the newly advertised C300 by MotorMax that
was built from our 1955 (original factory color)Tango Red C300.  This
project was begun in September of 2004 and you can see how long some of
these take.  I know that 300 Club Member, John Cote worked with Danbury Mint
regarding the 300B, but don't know if they moved faster or not.  Our 300B
was used for the Maisto model that has been available for some time now and
I don't recall that project taking quite this long.

I must advise all that the MotorMax model is certainly not the attention to
detail that the Danbury example is and in my opinion not even up to the
standards of the Maisto example.  Over the course of the project I gave my
input whenever asked and also supplied them with original body color samples
that were shipped to China.  I feel that if they had worked closer with the
club and myself and communicated more the end result would be better.
Bottom line is they are looking to make a buck and what matters to myself
and others in the hobby really doesn't hold much gravity in their world.

I'm not advising anyone interested in collection models to purchase or not.
Just thought you all might enjoy some incite on how all of this works.

John Lazenby
Southern California, just minutes from Disneyland
1955 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe Town & Country
1955 Imperial Newport
1955 Chrysler C300
1956 Chrysler 300B
1957 Chrysler 300C Coupe