Re: [Chrysler300] never ending problems

Hi Gary;
If you have the car at home, and it is together, you can check this out
yourself. And of course, BE CAREFUL!!

Just jack the car up, put stands under the rear-end, and start it , run
it at idle, put  in gear, and watch the wheel.
If it runs true, they're trying to get more money from you.

To see if it wobbles, you can put anything on the floor like a block of
wood that will touch the side of the tire, and see if it touches, then
doesn't and then does and so on, as the wheel revolves. If it does,
then take off the wheel and check the drum the same way. If it doesn't,
then the wheel is bent.
  If the drum wobbles, then take off the drum and check the axle flange,
if there is one or watch the shaft end for up and down wobble. If it
doesn't wobble then the drum is bent.

Good luck, Ray

On Jan 21, 2006, at 9:06 AM, GERALD OLSON wrote:

> Gary, Are you talking axle or axle housing and who are
>  "they"? How was it determined that it was bent? It
>  ain't easy to bend an axle or a housing. Don't forget
>  you may have legal remedy's too if "they" are the ones
>  who did the bending. Either way it doesn't fall into a.......

Yahoo! Groups Links