Re: [Chrysler300] Heater Mystery

Excellent advice.  I'd advise caution on using the garden hose.  If the
water pressure is high and the connection is solid it can distort or
burst the core.  The first time I decided to flush a heater core, I
clamped the garden hose to the inlet, connected a drain hose and cranked
the valve open.  The heater core kind of did a blowfish thing but did
not burst.  Live and learn.

C-300'ly
Rich Barber

Ray Jones wrote:

>Matt;
>It's simple, if hot water is going thru the Core, you gotta get heat.
>If the car is hot, make sure the valve is opening, work the lever by
>hand.
>After cooling down, unhook both hoses. Use a garden hose to put water
>in the inlet of the core. See if you indeed have full flow thru it.
>Water should come out as fast as you are putting it in. Full flow?
>Then bypass the Heater Valve. Unhook the inlet hose from the valve and
>hook it direct to the Heater Core. Since it's in your hand, look thru
>the valve and make sure it's really opening.
>  Warm up the car, check the feel of the hose going in to be sure it's
>hot. If not, you don't have flow from the engine. If so, you now have
>hot water going into the heater core , and have eliminated the Valve.
>See if you have heat now, if so the valve isn't opening.
>
>Good Luck, Ray

Yahoo! Groups Links