RE: [Chrysler300] Updated predictions on the convert G (ebay item number

RE: [Chrysler300] Updated predictions on the convert G (ebay item number4601049143)

John put 'aussie Christopher' down for a 'trigger price' of #103,800 -
'trigger' because it will only achieve this price I believe if it ends up
over $78,700 in the final day, in the hours before close, not just the
seconds before close.
At $65K currently, the likely buyer is either an end user or a 'resto
reseller', and the price likely includes a premium of about 10K for the
extra value of original black color when restored, plus being unmolested
good original.

My feeling is if the car goes near/over $78K before near to close, all usual
commonsense is perhaps off, and someone may pay a price that will see them
ending up spending a final restored price of a finished car they maybe could
drive the next day, rather than buy this one and spend how much time and
grief before it finished?
If the car passes the 100K mark, other bidders may soon fall away over the
100K, and normally about 103,800 may be enough to win.  But that does not
mean it is worth that, but then rare early masters paintings are not worth
$10-15million, and yet they often now sell for that and more.  And you can't
drive a painting around, plus I would rather forge a painting than a 57-61
300 ?!  Sad thing is at these prices, different sort of people may end up
owning these cars for other reasons than we do?

Christopher in balmy summer's night Australia

>From: "John Lyons" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [Chrysler300] Updated predictions on the convert G (ebay item
>number 4601049143)
>Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 11:57:08 -0500
>
>I am getting a lot of requests for a price for the most accurate
>prediction,
>so I am officially offering up my used-with-battery-dead NYU Stern School
>of
>Business desk clock as the grand prize!!!  When it last ran (about 3 years
>ago) it ran well.  It is in solid #3 condition but could be brought up to a
>#2 with a little polishing and new battery installation.  It is a glass or
>chrystal (note the intentional misspelling) base with a brass quartz
>circular clock insert.
>
>14 entries and counting.  Keep 'em coming!
>
>Deby Struck (I hope I have the name right): $83,500
>
>Vernon Smith: $69,500.
>
>Ron Waters: $73K
>
>Bob Ryan: $82,500
>
>Gary Barker $67,500
>
>Pete Fitch:  'as much as $100,000'
>
>Mark Knutsen: $87,500
>
>Johan Anderson: Revised to $87,600.
>
>Johan Anderson's oldest son: $127,000
>
>Prominent club member who wishes not to be identified by name:  $69,200
>
>Jim Pristelski: $69,000
>
>Brandt Jimerson: $92,500
>
>Josh Mishler: $58,500
>
>John Lyons: $75,000