RE: [Chrysler300] 5(+) cond. G convert. w/ no air at 46K w/ 4 days left!

RE: [Chrysler300] 5(+) cond. G convert. w/ no air at 46K w/ 4 days left!!

As an aussie from afar - eby auctions seem to go two ways - 1) if the price
is run up what seems high within first few days, that can be the final
price, or very near to, -  or  - 2) the price, say half an hour before
close, quite often doubles in the last minute - 20 seconds.  So that can
mean either final price of near $55K, or $85-100K !?

Having said that, and re Barrett Jackson last year and 300G prices, my guess
would be certain colors will command a premium, and the two cars last year I
believe qualified for that premium ( the metallic green is stunning in a
picture/photo, and black would not be far behind, especially in the top
color combination at last year's auction).  And this premium I believe will
flow onto the current car on ebay, plus it's seeming umnmolested condition -
that if the car is not rusty.  I do not know how many good body factory
black convertible Gs there are, but here is a chance now for one - how long
before the next?  Especially if only high buck ($150 -200K?) restoed cars
are the only other alternative - $60K would tidy up this ebay car pretty
nicely?!

The prices at this year's BJ Auction will be interesting, because this
year's colors may be a factor re rarity and desirability, or it may not, re
equal/lower or higher prices? Looking from downunder here, 50s-70s US
Collector cars of either Musclecar type or Mopar late 50s to early 70s seem
to be moving upward over the last say two years, so one may assume unless
color is a factor, prices may not be lower at this years sale?!

Whatever, as early 300 (pre 1963) owners, we are lucky to have cars that
possess many qualities that appeal to users/drivers, and that the cars are
visually pleasing, if not outstanding, plus were well thought out and
finished inside. If values are to move upwards, we must take care we still
enjoy the many qualities they have - use/enjoy them, and not let whatever
value (monetary) they have spoil or halt what we previously enjoyed?

Christopher from Australia

Yahoo! Groups Links