[Chrysler300] Taking the G apart, (or any other car)

[Chrysler300] Taking the G apart, (or any other car)

A bit of autophilosophy learned later in life than it should have
been.......There is an ancient Chinese story concerning a peasant that was  chopping
down a large tree on his property.  His neighbor watched him for a  half an hour
chopping diligently but to little effect as the axe was very dull  and the
wood quite green.  Finally he could no longer contain himself and  spoke:  "Ching
Pi, your axe is dull, you must sharpen it!"  "No time"  exclaimed Ching Pi, I
have this tree I must cut down"

As anxious as we are to start a restoration project, if our tools are not
well organized, if we haven't built shelves to hold the parts, if we haven't
installed hanging drop cords for light and power, if we have procrastinated
about overhead air hose holders or organizing the wrenches and screwdrivers in a
convenient spot, if we haven't compartmentalized all the various sizes of
fasteners, nuts, bolts, washers, and the ability to know the proper names,
measurements, and uses, if we haven't some plastic holders and files and an
organizational scheme for the various papers we have hoarded over the years
telling us how to assemble or handle some problem, if we assume that the various
bags, boxes, and bundles we have, or will have, of parts will be OK spread  out
all over the house and out buildings and we can remember where they all are
without a plan, then the amount of time necessary to complete the restoration
will take longer by far then if we spend a few weeks doing all the above
before  turning the first wrench.

Happy New Year to my favorite people.......Lefty of the  Internet.

Yahoo! Groups Links