Re: [Chrysler300] new aussie 300C meets 57 300C

Re: [Chrysler300] new aussie 300C meets 57 300C

Hi Chris:

Enjoyed your e-mail about the comparison of the 2 300Cs ( new v. old). I must
admit that I am just a little confused as to which motor the new one had. In
your e-mail I believe you stated the new 200C had 250 h.p. Is that a correct
statement. I ask because I own a new 300C HEMI and it has 340 h.p. and my 300 F
cannot hold a candle to her in a flat out drag race. I have had both up to
120m.p.h. and although I had no sophisticated timing device on board, it was
very evident that the new 300C was much quicker to 120 and was absolutley rock
steady. Of course the 18" Continentals make a larger footprint than the 14"
BF Goodrich Silvertowns on the 300 F. There is no contest between the two
when it comes to braking. The new 300C, according to Car and Driver magazine
stops from 60m.p.h. in 138 feet. My beloved 300 F with the addition of front disc
brakes now will stop in under 200 feet. Better than original but still can be
hairy in traffic.
Although the new 300C is the better road car and the faster of the two, it
does not give the same thrill nor pride that I get from driving my 300 F on the
highways and local roads. Everyone turns and looks when I pass them in the 300
F. The new 300C gets occassional looks because they are fairly common over
here.
Just had to share with you.
Tom Harkins
300s4ever