Re: [Chrysler300] Mufflers

Hi  George,   Yes the old Glass Packs are still here.  I just put a new
set of 28" Thrush back on my 69 Dodge 383 cu. Truck and they sound
great.   I got them from Summit Auto parts.  They cost $ 22.35 each.  I
too love that old sound of the 60's.      I just spent 4 months trying
to come up with a good set of mufflers for my 300F  and I just spent
$128.00 each for a set of Stainless steel, Ceramic coated, High flow
Hoop de Do,  Mufflers and I don't even know what they sound like yet.
All I know is I wanted to put the best ? on my 300.  I want them to look
stock and not rust out,  and have that good old Mopar  HP sound.  I put
the cast iron headers on using 2 1/2" pipe into one of the newer  " X "
cross systems, Then to the new Hoop De Do Mufflers  ( Now Discontinued)
  and then out the back with the stock turn down tips.  Did I spend to
much "? Yes"    Does my 300 have the best ? ( I hope so)    Will it last
?   ( Yes)   Will it sound OK ?  " It Better.    Do we all spoil our
300's ?  " Probably"        But I still love those Glass Packs
     Gary Barker