Re: [Chrysler300] Engine trouble - still......... '65 300

Re: [Chrysler300] Engine trouble - still......... '65 300

How's about the vacuum advance plate moving when you give it some throttle
off idle.  Check the wiring in your distributor to ensure that movement of
the plate is not pulling your hot wire apart causing your stall from lack of
juice to the points.

A failed ballast resistor could cause similar problems.  You get 12 volts at
start with ignition switch starter position, but then reverts to path thru
the ballast as soon as key is released.  But this would be instant failure
as soon as key is released after starting, so car would not run even a few
seconds after release.

Any issues with fuel pump pushrod or cam?

Any plugged up fuel filters?

If it was flooding, you probably should smell gasoline and car probably
would not easily start. My bet is on ignition.

Roger Schaaf
300 B, Calyfornua