Re: [Chrysler300] front-end bounce at 35- 45 MPH

Re: [Chrysler300] front-end bounce at 35- 45 MPH

> Can't seem to get rid of a bounce in the front end my C convertible.  this
is what has happened so far:

> Balanced the wheels...no improvement
>
> Balanced the wheels & tires..no improvement
>
> Balanced the front drums...no improvement
>
> changed the front wheels and tires out for new rims and tires...no
improvement

> everything in the front end has been replaced, ball joints, bushings,
brakes, bearings & seals etc.

> Anyone have an idea of where to go next?  We are at the point where we are
going to balance the tires on the car and hopefully get the bounce out.  But
this will not solve the problem for the next time I have to change out the
tires or wheels.

> Zak

Should be able to see your problem by high speed spinning the wheels/tires
on the car. Would probably expect balance not to be your only problem,
however.

Bent hub?

Tire problem. If your new tires are the same brand etc as first tires you
may have installed same problem back on car.

Are the shocks suitable for type tire that is on the vehicle?

Most tires do not interact with the roadway smoothly. This is why the tire
industry uses road force variation equipment to balance tires. (Reportedly
the Michelin brand tire has lowest road force variation numbers) Procedure
works with wheel variations as well as tire variations to accomplish
smoothest possible action. My experience has been that some tire brands will
absolutely not provide acceptable ride and this is after much time and money
has been spent with a good many  balancing methods and to include road force
variation matching/balancing.

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ