[Chrysler300] Tempil Sticks

The crayons are called tempil sticks and they are designed to melt at
very specific temperatures.  Here is a source:
http://www.centaurforge.com/index.html  click on blacksmith tools, then
tempil sticks.  These are common and should be available at any welding
supply store.  I recall they are generally designed for use at higher
temperatures (greater than 300 F, or so).

If you hit the website, take a side trip to the letter and pictures from
the owner, now on duty in Iraq.  I've never even heard of the business
before, Google just coughed it up.

A metal heat shield may be needed to protect the brake line and master
cylinder, but it would appear something is running extra hot.  Try
viewing the exhaust manifolds in total darkness right after a hard run.
You might see the hot spots glowing red.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA (106 tomorrow)
1955 C-300

James McMullan wrote:

>There is a product called ( temp sticks) .Its a set of crayons designed to check temperers in deferent locations.You can check lines,master cylinder ,area around things like fire wall ect.See your local speed  shop or do a computer search.Mine is to slow.Jim McMullan 300 F
>

>James McMullan
>macthehammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Groups Links