[Chrysler300] C-300 Questions

To the C-300 gurus:

A few more questions.

The drip rails of my C-300 appear to have the remnants of some body
filler or caulk in them.  I'd like to get this part right if and when
the body is redone.  Is it proper to have a bead of body filler in this
joint between the roof panel and the drip rail?  Any recommended
material and/or technique in replacement?

The horizontal hood latch plate has been painted gloss black like the
fender liners and other portions of the radiator support.  I get the
feeling from photos of other C-300's that this piece should have a light
galvanized finish or a flat zinc paint color.  Ditto the hood hinges
that are now painted body white color.  I think the hood springs need to
be a flat red and have purchased a spare set with remnants of the
original red paint on them.  Anyone able to correct or confirm?

The underside of the hood is undercoated with  the usual bumpy tarry
gook.  If stripped and redone should it be refinished in body color ?  I
recall that the underhood finish was often kind of thin and not highly
finished.  I've heard that most C-300's were factory undercoated.  Any
confirmation?  The car has undercoating underneath, but much of it is
coming loose--fortunately with no apparent rust damage.

I purchased and installed a day-night inside rear view mirror, perhaps
from a '56.  Was the day-night mirror a factory or dealer option in 1955?

I plan to take the headliner out, repair one small rip, dye the
headliner and reinstall it.  Any thoughts on this?  I've heard the rear
window will have to be removed to remove the headliner.  True?  Any
recommendations on the brand and color of vinyl dye to achieve the
original color?  I'm told the replacement headliners are not the
original pattern in the vinyl, so wish to stay with the  original.

I'm going to have to pull the T&C radio to work on it.  Anyone have any
helpful hints on this procedure?

Thanks to all for reading this and to any who can provide answers to
some of these questions.

C-300'ly,

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA